Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Responsibility

So, after four months of being a bum, I've finally decided to take on some responsibility. Only, I think I have gone too far. I got two jobs, two callings, I'm taking an online class, I'm still volunteering, and I'm frantically trying to find a car to buy. My two jobs are at elementary schools. One is a behavioral aide, helping with "explosive" kindergartners. The other is teaching a few afterschool clubs: book club, multicultural club, and arts and crafts. My two callings are being a Sunday School teacher for the retirement center that is connected with our ward(I teach my first lesson this Sunday, wish me luck) and being the basketball coach for the young women(our first game is tomorrow, wish me luck). I'm taking an online class to get a non-profit organization certificate so that maybe one day I can start one for old people. For some reason, I thought the adjective "online" meant it was easier than a real class, but it's almost twice as much work. I'm still volunteering for a hospice, one of my favorite old men just died. It's always sad to walk by his room. The hard part about volunteering lately is that my supervisor is used to me being a bum and could always rely on me and call me to fill in at a moment's notice. Now when she calls me, I'm a teeny bit busier, but it's so hard to say, "Sorry, I can't go visit someone who is dying alone, I'm too tired." So I usually go anyway. Not having a car is making everything a little bit more difficult. Yet, after I buy a car I wonder if not having any money will be just as difficult. So that's my life. Sorry I haven't written for awhile.
Oh yah, Paris was great.

4 comments:

Alison said...

So Ash, does this mean you don't have any more time for us? You have a car now, so you could probably work us into your crazy schedule.

Katie Hutson said...

Hey Ashley:> Wow your life sounds exciting--seriously--how do you have time for everything? Good luck with your car search...actually from Al's comment it sounds like you got one. You are awesome Ashley--keep up all that great work you are doing. What kinds of things did you do in Paris?

Ashley said...

Katie! I did all the famous stuff in Paris: the Louvre, Notre Dame (it was my favorite), and the Eiffel Tower (going to the top is the devil, I don't recommend it). It was great. My life isn't half as exciting as yours though, little Eli is so much more exciting than Paris.

julieinjapan said...

Ashley... You are so funny.. i am glad that you are doing good... how did your lesson go? I bet you are a wonderful teacher! I wish i was in your ward. What other adventures have you been on that I didnt know about? maybe you should come to Japan.. Hint hint! it is really fun here! I am trying hard to learn japanese so when you do come I can do more than just say yes and where is the bathroom. It is coming slowly but coming. Give me a few more months to get some of the language down. I want to know about the basketball team. That sounds like a dream calling!