Friday, January 05, 2007

Hi guys:>

Hope you all had a wonderful break:> We had a very nice time in Atlanta--the best parts being good food, nice weather, and wonderful hikes/nature walks. Eli got absolutely spoiled--out of our control however!! I guess that is what happens to the first grandbaby!! The first few days of the vacation were interesting as Eli's 2nd tooth came in and he didn't want to be held by anyone but mom and dad--all the relatives thought Eli didn't like them! However, as soon as the tooth popped Eli was extremely happy and he had a great time with everybody--thank goodness! We got home last night at 2am after about 8 hrs worth of flying and a couple hrs of driving, and a lot of time spent in airports. We ended up volunteering to get off one of the flights so that we could get 400 dollar vouchers--exciting--but made for a VERY long day. Luckily Eli was an angel!! And, on the last flight we got first class (3hr trip) which was wonderful--otherwise I might have died from clastraphobia in the tiny cramped coach seats. Also, Eli slept for the last 4 hrs of the trip--everything went so smoothly, huge blessing as traveling by air is one of my least favorite things!! And, 400 dollar vouchers are fantastic. Yeah so, we went from Atlanta, to Cincinatti, to Houston, to SLC on the way home!! Eli has already been all over the country and is just barely 8 months. My first flight was at age 18!! haha! Anyway, just wanted to say hi to y'all and wish you the happiest new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas, though I don't envy your traveling!! Our Christmas was just me, B and Puga and it was WONDERFUL! We've been so busy that it was nice to just not be. Honestly, it was probably the best Christmas I've ever had. :)

I'm glad Eli's tooth finally popped! Give him a hug from me. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, PS - I did some more work on my profile for you!!