Thursday, December 21, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas before we scatter the the four corners of the world....not that we're not scattered already!! We leave for PA on Christmas Eve...everyone else will already be there, but we've decided that a week with either family is the max! But it should be fun. I hope you guys all have a great Christmas. I'm grateful for this time of year...it's always so nice to reflect on the Savior's birth and His atoning sacrafice. The last couple of Christmases I've been struck with how Mary must have felt as she prepared to give birth. There she was, knowing that she was carrying the Son of God, the Savior of the world...and she ends up spending that important night, a night that she probably planned and planned for, in a stable. I don't know what she thought about that...she could have thought "This is not what I planned!" or she could have seen the significance...which is probably more likely. But, every now and then I get to thinking that about my life. "This is not what I planned!!" We don't have kids, don't know when we will, I help my husband run a magic company and we're in debt up to our ears...yadda, yadda, yadda. And then I remember Mary and I think, goodness, if she could give birth to the Savior of the world in a stable and everything turned out ok there, I think I can deal! Anyway, that's my little insight for the Christmas season.
This picture was the front of our Christmas card...a card that never went out, by the way, so don't feel bad that you didn't get one! But we tried to take pictures of all three of us in front of the tree, but Puga didn't want to cooperate, so we used this one instead! He's a cute puppy.

OK! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

julieinjapan said...

Thanks for that. I loved the picture... what a cute dog! I hope that you have fun visiting family. Things here are pretty busy. I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and travel safe!

Kelly said...

Bekah, I just love you!!! Things really don't turn out how we plan do they. . .I mean, when I was a little girl I planned to be a deer trainer and herder, and look at me now. . .no where near my dream. Well, I loved what you said, it is so true, and it does work out, always. I think it even turns out better than we planned when we look at the whole picture, what we have learned and how we have gained so much. Merry Christmas!