Tuesday, June 24, 2008

O-HI-O

I'm sitting in my conference, and I'm bored to death, so I thought I'd post something here, since it's been. . .I have no idea how long its been since I've posted on here.

Anyway, I'm in Ohio. . .

I tried BBQ flavored popcorn for the first time in my life. It was an experience. Everytime I would put one in my mouth I would go into a coughing fit. It was one of those things where the seasoning was so intense that if I breathed in while putting it in my mouth it would attack my senses. It was an adventure.

Large, black women keep getting upset with me. My very existence must offend them. . .I get the feeling they don't like me. I think they're envious of my ghetto bootie (That's right Ashley, my ghet-to boo-tie).

I met a drunk man in the elevator that found me to be charming, even without me saying anything. . . then he turned out to be my neighbor in the hotel. Fate.

I met two nurses in the hotel hot tub that have almost convinced me to go back to school to get my nursing degree.

My 60-year-old work friend and I have had an enjoyable time watching shows like Geek to Chic, the Bachelorette, and America's Best Dance Crew (who knew JC Chasez was doing something so worthwhile with his life), while discussing the joys of living during the era of reality tv.

I have consumed so much Chinese food I will most likely return home Chinese. . .watch out.

After having been deprived of seeing the end of Hairspray while I was in Portland, I was elated to see it would be playing on HBO. I stayed up until 2 am so I could see the last 20 minutes. It was hard to stay awake in my class the next day, but it was so worth it.

Swimming every night in the pool, 6 hour work days, a fancy Hilton hotel that constantly plays classical music, mints on my pillow, and hotel staff that call me Miss Kitchen. . .

I would come to Ohio again. (only if it were on my company's tab again)

3 comments:

Erin Teichert Barbuto said...

What on earth are you doing in Ohio?

Katie Hutson said...

My words exactly Ms. Erin!! Oh Kelly...you are sooooo fabulous and you make me smile:) I am glad you are having wonderful adventures!!

Kelly said...

I was there for a training. Trips are great when someone else is paying for it. My next business trip is going to be in Cheyenne (I know, they send us to the big cities). So Erin, you'll have to come out to see me.